CEN and CENELEC Technical Boards (BT)
One of the Corporate Bodies that support the achievement of the scope of the European standardization organizations CEN and CENELEC is their Technical Boards (BT).
The CEN and CENELEC Technical Board (BT) are responsible for controlling the standards programme and promoting its speedy execution by the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre (CCMC), Technical Committees (TCs) and other bodies. The BT consists of the President and/or the Vice President(s) and one member/permanent delegate from each CEN/CENELEC National member body, who establish the necessary contacts at national level so as to be able to represent the member effectively.
BT meetings are chaired by the President or a Vice President. The BT secretariat is held by CCMC.
The functions of the Technical Board, which may be executed either at a meeting or by correspondence, include inter-alia:
- Deciding on all matters concerning the organization, working procedures, coordination and planning of standards work;
- Monitoring and controlling the progress of standards work in close cooperation with CCMC and, in particular, in consultation with the TC Chairperson and Secretary,
- Keeping under review the title, scope and programme of work of each TC, in order to ensure the greatest possible coordination and avoidance of overlaps and to see that each TC is engaged in a limited number of practicable projects;
- Examination of proposals for new projects (NWIP);
- Setting up and disbanding TC, allocating their secretariats and appointing their chairperson;
- Imposing or releasing standstill obligations and dealing with members' requests to publish related national standards in the meantime;
- Organizing technical liaison with intergovernmental organizations, international organizations and European trade, professional, technical and scientific organizations;
- Considering and ruling upon appeals;
- Undertaking such other tasks with regard to standards work as may be specifically requested by the General Assembly or by the Administrative Board on its behalf.
BT may delegate some of its functions to appropriate subgroups or technical bodies, under its full authority and supervision.
Representatives of the European Commission and the EFTA Secretariat, other organizations subject to contractual agreements are invited to attend BT meetings as observers. In special cases the Chairperson may also invite experts to take part in BT discussions.
National representatives from ISRSM in CEN/CENELEC/ BT are:
- Mr. Goran Pletvarski, Head of the unit for general standardization, acting as a member in CEN/BT (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
- Ms. Liljana Hadzievska-Antovska, Head of the unit for electrotechnical standardization, acting as a permanent delegate in CENELEC/BT (email@example.com).
All your queries related to the activities of the CEN/CENELEC/ BTs you may address to our national BT representatives.