International and bilateral cooperation
The Institute for Standardization of the Republic of North Macedonia-ISRSM during its active role in the past years, has achieved the following cooperations and agreements: Membership in international and European standardization organizations:
International Organization for Standardization - ISO Since 1995, ISRSM is a full member.
International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC Since January 14, 2005, ISRSM is an associate member.
European Committee for Standardization - CEN As of July 1, 2012, ISRSM is a full member.
European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization - CENELEC As of July 1, 2012, ISRSM is a full legal member.
European Telecommunications Standards Institute - ETSI Since December 2006, ISRSM is a national standardization organization.
- In 2005, ISRSM signed three agreements with IEC, namely: Agreement for use of IEC Publications in PDF format, only for the purposes of national adoption, Agreement for use of IEC Publications in electronic version, only for the purpose of commercial sale and distribution, and Agreement for use of IEC Publications in electronic version with electronic stamp, only for internal use of ISRSM;
- In 2020, a new agreement was signed between ISRSM and the IEC, which is a replacement and upgrade of existing agreements from 2005;
- In 2006, ISRSM signed a Sales Agreement with ETSI;
- In 2009, ISRSM signed an Agreement on compliance with the requirements with CEN and CENELEC as their associate members in the implementation of the European standard, as well as an Agreement on the use of European standards to be respected as an associate member;
- In 2006, a bilateral cooperation agreement was signed with the Turkish Institute for Standardization;
- In 2009, agreements for business-technical cooperation were signed with the standardization bodies of Albania (DPS), Bulgaria (BDS), Bosnia and Herzegovina (BAS), and Montenegro (ISME), further Agreement for sale of DIN standards, Agreement for bilateral cooperation, and Agreement for the adoption of DIN standards as MKC, as well as a memorandum of cooperation with the Accreditation Institute of the Republic of North Macedonia-IARSM and the Bureau of Metrology-BoM;
- Memorandum of Understanding with Austrian Standards Institute - ASI, 2012;
- In 2020, an agreement was signed for the adoption of national DIN standards as MKC standards with the method of translation, reprinting, and endorsing. This agreement is an upgrade and continuity in the cooperation between ISRSM and DIN, which enables ISRSM to adopt national German standards, available with translation into Macedonian and in the German language;
- In 2010, ISRSM signed a cooperation agreement with the French Institute for Standardization (AFNOR);
- Cooperation Agreement with The standardization Administration of China - SAC, 2016.